Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"Clouds come floating into my life,

no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky."
-Rabindranath Tagore

Today I woke up with an earnest to finish all my unfinished business.
Indeed it's been more than three hours and I have finished but very little.
Despite my under-accomplishments, I felt elated.

With dawn came the soft drizzle of raindrops,
and when my father opened our front door, the smell of the rain wafted and seeped through the screen door.
It felt refreshing standing at the foot of the stairs, facing the doorway.
I have always loved the rain.

I waved my dad and baby sister goodbye.
They got on the family car, my dad to his office and my sister to school.
I retreated upstairs and set myself upon my task.
After some time I looked out my window.
I held my breath.

Have you ever seen the world outside a rain-beaten window?
The clouds so violently gray, streaked with lightning
and thunder-rolls rumbling down accompanying the pitter-patter of rain on the asphalt, on the ground, on my mother's garden.

"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby."
-Langston Hughes

"Let us keep the dance of rain our fathers kept and tread our dreams beneath the jungle sky."
-Arna Bontemps

"Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams."
-Ashley Smith

Credits go to:
1. holly stanton - back to new york
2. greyvdm - tonic fizz
3.  Idle Type - red light in the rain
4. Maddy Lou - And the beat goes on
5. Mine Beyaz - Listen to the pouring rain, Listen to it pour....:)
6. [link]


8. law_keven - The Long Hot Summer continues....The weather man says it's raining...
9. ONE THEME EVERY DAY
10. Rainy day - blackcoffee@keisuke

12 comments:

Stevia
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stevia

cool pictures :)

i love rain too
there's something melancholy about them
how it washes everything
how it cools everything
how it gives life to all the greens

boy, rain is the best!

Nu Art itu di bandung..
Di perumahan setraduta
mm.. aq gatau pasti alamat lengkapnya
hihi
ke setraduta aja
di sana ada banyak papan petunjuk dengan tulisan NuArt ;)

Blogspot Template

pengalmn yg menarik..

sob, mengingt blog ni sngt bermanfaat bgt q.. tukeran link yok!!

link blog kamu sudah terpasang di blogku, link balik yach :) silahkan di liat di blogku!!

ntar pasang link ku dengan anchor text "Blogspot Template" yach,

dan jdi follower q juga y, siapa thu aja dgn kehadiran blogger se-hebat kamu, blog ku bisa
sedikit rame dan berwibawa gtu.he3

ntar secara berkala q bakal sering-2 silaturahmi kesini..

d tunggu kehdirannya yach :D

salam dari blogger indonesia setengah bule.he3

makasih..

ana_lee_smith

Bad enough to post my photographs which are fully copyrighted, without permission. To use them without even offering credit is boorish, a sign of poor character.

Intan Alasdair

There is actually credit at the bottom of the page. I'm so sorry to have not get to the bottom of this sooner. I apologize. I will take the picture down.

TS Frima

hai,
it's been a while since my last visit.
how's everything? :)

stylestalker

These photos are beautiful, however it's been raining too much in Sydney - it sucks!

TS Frima

anyway, the pics are cool :)

TS Frima

waiting for ur up date :)
have a nice day ^^

pengobatan tradisional maag kronis

I like rainy day,,,

Joshua Tjandra
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joshua Tjandra

For me, being in a home when it is rainy outside always feels too...warm. I feel so secure, the noise around is washed away by the rain, and everything is so composed. Moreover, a thought that the rain will end always reminds me that world stays the same and that it doesn't end yet.

Blogger template 'Fundamental' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008.

Jump to TOP

Blogger templates by OurBlogTemplates.com